I want to provide you with a quick tip about pleading guilty to an impaired by alcohol charge. In Ontario many police officers on the Information, that’s the document that winds up before the court, will charge that the person is impaired by alcohol and/or a drug. Now the problem is if you go to plead guilty to the impaired by alcohol charge because that’s what it was there was no drug involved, make sure you ask the Judge to delete the drug averment. That’s what we call it an averment. Delete it, amend it and get rid of it and the Judge will do that. If you don’t do that you will not qualify for Stream A Ignition Interlock with the Ministry of Transport because they would consider it an impaired by drug offence which does not qualify for Stream A Ignition Interlock.

Contact Us

Complete the form below to get a free meeting and quote.

Protected By Google reCAPTCHA | Privacy - Terms