The chance of getting a record suspension after getting convicted due to a criminal offense depends on the type of the offence, whether it was summary or indictable, and how severe the sentence given to you was. The organization that grants pardons is the National Parole Board of Canada A person can apply for a record suspension of a summary conviction matter 5 years after their sentence is completed. For an indictable matter, the waiting time to apply is 10 years after their sentence is completed. It may take about 18 months or up to 36 months to receive a record suspension after you apply, because of the backlog of applications being reviewed. As soon as a person could be eligible to get a record suspension, it is best to apply for it immediately.

Contact Our Ontario Criminal Defence Lawyers to Schedule a Free Consultation

Call Kruse Law Firm today to set up a free consultation. We will provide you with our legal advice, review the court process for your case, and carefully outline your options. Our quote for legal fees will be in writing so there will be no surprises for you. You will be under absolutely no obligation to retain us and you will at least receive free legal advice.

Contact Us

Complete the form below to get a free meeting and quote.

Protected By Google reCAPTCHA | Privacy - Terms