Also see Brantford Criminal Defence Lawyers
Have you been charged with any of the following offences:
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle or boat by alcohol or a drug
- Impaired operation causing bodily harm or death
- Care or control of a motor vehicle or boat while impaired by alcohol or a drug
- “Over 80 mg” operation or care or control of a motor vehicle or boat
- Refusing or failing to provide a breath sample
Kruse Law has a team of experienced and proven criminal trial lawyers combining over 78 years of experience in the criminal courts together with the right support staff and leading consulting toxicologists. Brantford residents can feel secure knowing that Kruse Law firm will fight for your rights in a determined and professional manner.
If there is a way to win your Brantford case, the impaired driving lawyers at Kruse Law Firm will find it.
Did you know that consequences for a first time conviction for a DUI include:
- A mandatory minimum one-year loss of licence (the driving prohibition can be up to 3 years)
- A mandatory minimum fine of $1000 (fines are usually higher than the minimum)
- A mandatory and costly driver education program (i.e. the “Back on Track Program”
- Rental of an ignition-lock breath testing machine in your vehicle for nine months for a first time offender
- Increased insurance rates
Changes which were made to the Criminal Code of Canada in 2008 have made this very technical area of the law even more complicated. These changes include increased detection and prosecution of drug-related impairment. Lawyers who take these cases, such as DUI or drunk driving, occasionally may not be up to date.
We keep track of legal and scientific issues in Brantford such as breath testing machine operation, roadside testing, drug recognition testing and constitutional questions, and confront them in court.
Kruse Law Firm is also experienced in highly-technical special “defences” such as evidence to the contrary, rights to counsel and detention issues, loss of evidence by police, delay in coming to trial, and technical disclosure of Intoxilyzer or Breathalyzer records.
Put the proven expertise of the Brantford DUI lawyers at Kruse Law Firm to work for you.
Kruse Law Firm operates out of our offices in Kitchener, London, Toronto, and Windsor to assist clients throughout Ontario.