The consequences for domestic assault and related offences can be dramatic and wide-ranging. In addition to embarrassment and reputational damage, if you're charged with a family violence crime, you may not even be able to return home or contact the victim until your case is resolved. You could also face fines, jail time, and other penalties upon conviction, including a criminal record that can saddle you with a crushing stigma that limits your opportunities, serve as a barrier to housing and education, and derail your dreams for the future.
Have you been charged with domestic assault or a related crime? A criminal record could leave your life unrecognizable. Don't risk it. Fortunately, you've come to just the right firm for help.
At Kruse Law, domestic assault cases have been a critical focus of our practice for over three decades. In that time, our team – which includes former Crown prosecutors – has successfully defended countless clients. We know so much about domestic assault defence, we wrote the book on it – literally. Our guide, Domestic Assault Defence in Ontario: What You Need To Know, offers essential information on these cases, such as:
- An explanation of your rights and obligations in domestic assault cases
- An overview of domestic assault and related charges, as well as their potential penalties
- A description of the typical court process for summary offence domestic assault cases
- Why the case will likely continue, even if the victim doesn't want to press charges
- How a knowledgeable and experienced criminal defence lawyer can help you protect your future
- And much more
Request Your Free Guide Today
Complete the form to request a complimentary copy of Domestic Assault Defence in Ontario: What You Need To Know. Have questions or want to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation? Contact us online or call 1-800-699-0806.