It is best if you consult with your lawyer first on the best course of action if you receive a ticket such as a Highway Traffic Act ticket or a Liquor Infraction ticket along with your criminal charge. Depending on the circumstances, your lawyer will be able to advise you on whether or not to pay the ticket.