Former  Prosecutors

Committed.  Passionate.  Relentless.

  • Home
        • Featured Blog Posts

        • Featured Videos

  • Success Stories
        • Our Team
        • Our Team

        • Locations

          311 Frederick St, Kitchener, ON N2H 2N6, Canada
          88 Wharncliffe Road South London, Ontario N6J 2K1
          1000 Finch Ave W, North York, ON M3J 2V5, Canada
          3041 Dougall Ave #11A, Windsor, ON N9E 1S3, Canada
  • Free Consultation

Is it possible to get a pardon(now called a “record suspension”)?

The chance of getting a record suspension after getting convicted due to a criminal offense depends on the type of the offence, whether it was summary or indictable and how severe the sentence given to you was. The organization that grants pardons is the National Parole Board of Canada A person can apply for a record suspension of a summary conviction matter 5 years after their sentence is completed. For an indictable matter, the waiting time to apply is 10 years after their sentence is completed. It may take about 18 months or up to 36 months to receive a record suspension after you apply, because of the backlog of applications being reviewed. As soon as a person could be eligible to get a record suspension, it is best to apply for it immediately.